Item upgrades

exec

While many types of item upgrades are supported already, we're still missing some, that I didn't have any data on.

// TODO:
// - CollectionSpeed
// - CollectionBonus
// - SplashRadius
// - ManaUse
// - ManaBurn
// - MagicDamage
// - CastingSpeed
// - LancePiercing
// - MusicBuffBonus
// - MusicBuffDuration
// - MaxBullets
// - Artisan
// - ChainCast

If you have items with these types of upgrades, try to get the item data with Pale, for example, by dropping the item and picking it back up, and post it here. What I need are the two strings after the bins, the meta data.

6e112640c6.PNG

It might look something like this:

MTWR:1:1;
MTWR:1:1;EHLV:4:2;OWNER:s:Name;
QUAL:4:61;MTWR:1:1;

Edited by exec

No idea, the names are based on the names used in the client =| Let's see... the upgrades that have that modification are these:

ident: "knight_lance_lance_taunes_remodeling", name: "Taunes's Bone-Breaker Upgrade"
ident: "lord_demonic_lance", name: "Break Oculus Lance Seal"
ident: "dragon_bow_seal_break", name: "Unseal Bhafel Hunter"
ident: "dragon_slayer_seal_break", name: "Unseal Bhafel Slayer"
ident: "Leanghirith_Bonebreaker_taunes_remodeling", name: "Taunes's Bone-Breaker Upgrade"
ident: "disciple_sword_extra", name: "Fanatic Greatsword Unique Upgrade"
ident: "disciple_bow_extra", name: "Salvation Bow Unique Upgrade"
ident: "celtic_crossbow_piercing", name: "Keen Finish"

Looking at the Wiki, I guess it is called "Piercing". Maybe they called it lance_piercing because lances were the first weapons to have it, before the combat updates happened.

So I got some items that have those & more. Most items have additional upgrades, and none have info for the second string o.o

If you need anymore info, let me know.

Mana Consumption

VuXo1PN.png

005 [................] String : WU:s:00000003000000;
006 [................] String : 

Chain Casting/Magic Attack

ocWhb0L.png

005 [................] String : EHLV:4:5;MTWR:1:1;OWNER:s:username;WU:s:30201400000015;

Casting Speed/Magic Attack

9HpV0gx.png

005 [................] String : EHLV:4:5;MTWR:1:1;OWNER:s:username;WU:s:00000000000c10;

Music Buff Bonus/Music Buff Duration

FOTK28u.png

005 [................] String : MBB:4:8;MBD:4:10;MTWR:1:2;OTU:1:1;SPTEC:1:1;

Artisan

QnZBYst.png

005 [................] String : DPSL:4:1;EHLV:4:5;LKUP:8:262244;MTWR:1:1;OWNER:s:username;POISON:2:0;POISONDURABILITY:4:0;

I have no idea why there's poison in there. Perhaps I applied poison to it before?

• Like 1

WU:s:00000003000000;
WU:s:00000000000c10;
WU:s:30201400000015;

When will I ever learn not to think "I've seen everything now" when it comes to devCAT? Putting 4+ values into a long and saving it as a hex string... who comes up with stuff like that??

Edited by exec

2 hours ago, Sairii said:

30201 Chaincasting skill id (in this case firebolt)

Ah... good catch, hadn't noticed that yet. Hm, maybe it's not really a long, maybe they added that value for the first upgrade of this kind, Chain Casting, they just put the skill id and the level in there, as one string to save bandwidth or something. Afterwards they kept adding to it. Would make sense to a certain degree, even if it's still stupid ~_~

• 6 months later...

No problem.

Also, here are some things from me this time.
Got quite a bit of things on these, unfortunately, but hope it'll help.

In terms of piercing:

Lance:
005 [................] String : EHLV:4:5;LKUP:8:262244;LP:1:4;LP_E:1:0;OWNER:s:character;SPTRP:1:1;

Crossbow:
005 [................] String : LP:1:1;QUAL:4:70;
Spoiler

mabinogi_2016_06_13_002 lance.jpgmabinogi_2016_06_13_001 crossbow.jpg

In terms of ammo upgrades:

005 [................] String : GBAMAX:2:10;GBAMIN:2:10;GVBC:2:41;IGOBMB:2:5;LKUP:8:262244;MTWR:1:1;
Spoiler

mabinogi_2016_06_13_003 sun prophet.jpg

(by default it holds 36 bullets)

Edit: btw, by ManaBurn, you mean MP usage reduction?

Edited by DennouNeko
a bit of privacy
  • Like 1

Thanks guys =)

1 hour ago, DennouNeko said:

by ManaBurn, you mean MP usage reduction?

I've explained a problem regarding what I mean in the issue. I'm actually not 100% sure what the ManaBurn upgrade is, but based on the name I assume it reduces the amount of Mana you lose when you unequip a wand. This is not on officials anymore of course, but internally that upgrade is still called ManaBurn, and my current theory is that they halfed the bonus and turned the ManaBurn upgrade into a ManaUse upgrade. I haven't had time to research that yet though.

1 hour ago, exec said:

Thanks guys =)

I've explained a problem regarding what I mean in the issue. I'm actually not 100% sure what the ManaBurn upgrade is, but based on the name I assume it reduces the amount of Mana you lose when you unequip a wand. This is not on officials anymore of course, but internally that upgrade is still called ManaBurn, and my current theory is that they halfed the bonus and turned the ManaBurn upgrade into a ManaUse upgrade. I haven't had time to research that yet though.

I see... Unfortunately don't have any good news in this case. Seems like right now both upgrades are seen by system as same type, so unless we'll find someone with reaaaaly old wand, that hasn't been converted in some way, we'll probably never know the difference...

Anyway, results of research:

Heulfryn:
005 [................] String : WU:s:00000003000000;

Heulfryn + Lassar:
005 [................] String : WU:s:00000007000000;
Spoiler

mabinogi_2016_06_13_006 ice wand.jpgmabinogi_2016_06_13_007 ice wand.jpg

Edit: It just hit me... what about that unknown part of string? Maybe that's related? After all, WU seems to be generic for WandUpgrade, so guess all upgrades would be encoded there in some way.

Just to add to it:

Merlin Knuckles:
005 [................] String : MTWR:1:3;QUAL:4:100;WU:s:00000000000604;

Original Sin Staff (16% redu = 10 hex):
005 [................] String : EHLV:4:6;LKUP:8:262244;OWNER:s:character;WU:s:00000010000007;

Edited by DennouNeko

30 minutes ago, DennouNeko said:

what about that unknown part of string?

I just thought the exact same thing when I saw the WU string in your post. Gotta test that.

Unfortunately I just noticed I missed some upgrades in the upgrade db. One of them was SplashDamage, which I now already have, thanks for that, and the other 3 are the passive defense upgrades for shields. That's up to 3 more we have to get, unless they're easy to guess from one.