Aura Quest Generator

YaibaToKen

Looking through the quests folder I noticed how boring it can get if you want to make several quests, specially if they're similar, as you'd have to copy the same code over and over with just slight changes. Seeking to change that I figured I might as well write an app to do that for me. You'd simply tell the app the specifics of the quest, for example, if it's a hunting quest, you'd say hunt monster X, Y times and so on, and the app would generate the code surrounding, based on rewards and prerequisites you specify.

I have currently implemented the base code for all of this, and missing the UI. Also need to finish implementing reward types, objective types and prerequisite types.
Several other small changes will also have to be made eventually.

You can check the current code here and if anyone is willing to help, pull requests are more than welcome. A side note, if anyone would like coding a interface for the app I'd be extremely grateful and available for anything needed.

This might also prove usefull for the team if they ever need to implement several new hunting quests or even for the "missing" fomor scroll quests.

The rewards missing atm are Skills, Skill training and Stat bonuses.
All prerequisites have yet to be implemented and am currently working on implementing objective types.

I'd love to know how everyone feels about the use of the tool and what you'd like to see in it.

UPDATE 22-03-2016:
We now have a webpage (thanks to gitub ;)) for the tool. It's still in need of proper info and, well, construction, but here it is.

UPDATE 23-03-2016:
Started a small changelog on the official webpage. Note that I will always keep watch over this thread nonetheless.

• Like 5

Just to let everyone know that an interface is in the works and whoever is interested can check it out by compiling and running the current code :)

Also if anyone has experience or knowledge about JScrollablePanes, I could use some help. Also need to figure out droplists and CardLayouts, after those I should be done with the interface for the foreseeable future and will focus on adding the remaining rewards, objectives and prerequisites, followed by a possible load feature.