Local File Editor

exec

A few days ago I overheard someone talk about the need for a translation tool for Mabinogi, to translate the text files in data/local/. After thinking about it for a little while I had an idea how I would approach this and wanted to see how it would turn out. The result: LocalEditor.

preview.thumb.png.bc4a38a0a90816c4f6f6e9f750e00a50.png

The main problem with translating dialogues for games is often times the inline codes that you have to navigate around. In Mabi's case it's HTML-style tags that control the buttons, NPC's facial expressions, lists, and more. I came to the conclusion that you would want to focus on the translatable parts as much as possible, so I made the editor pick out those parts, and by pressing Tab you switch to the next element, with the text automatically getting selected. This way you have close to no downtime between typing to translate and jumping to the next text bit.

It's just a prototype, but it feels like a nice start. I don't know if I'll perfect it though. I don't actually have any personal need for this tool, I was just curious^^

https://github.com/exectails/LocalEditor