Skill locks (Repost)

exec

Just a quick c&p from the chat, for future reference. (Originally posted on the old forum by me)

the official locks in the skill db don't make sense ._. one time moving is locked on prepare, one time it's unlocked. what's the default??

exectails 11:39
things you've never paid any attention to, but suddenly need to know @_@
I guess on prepare most stuff is being locked. attack seems to always be unlocked on ready, so I'm gonna assume attack is locked on ready still, together with changing equip and using items. gestures and starting certain skills doesn't work either, but that might be handled differently...

Gold Strike, prepare: { lock: "Walk|Run" }, use: { unlock: "Attack" }

during loading (prepare/loading)
- can't change stance
- can't walk or run -------------^
- can't change equipment
- can't use item
- can't prepare skill
- can't attack
- can pick up and drop
- can't talk to npc
- can speak
- can't use gesture (silent)
- can't start rest, trying to start mana shield gives msg "can't use in this state"

after loading (ready/wait)
- can change stance
- can walk and run
- can't change equipment
- can't use item
- can prepare skill
- can attack ----------------------------------------------^
- can pick up and drop
- can talk to npc
- can speak
- can't use gesture (msg that you can do it while having a skill loaded)
- can't start rest, can start mana shield

but then there's final hit, that doesn't have any locks specified... but you can switch equip and attack during ready. I guess that's hardcoded ~_~

Just noticed attack is not unlocked on ready for Gold Strike, but on use, for Smash it's unlocked on both, but Smash is a combat skill, while Gold Strike is a usable skill. I guess that's the difference, Smash needs the unlock on ready to even be able to initiate the attack.

windmill: use: { lock: "Hit" }

I couldn't figure out what Hit means yet... you can still attack monsters and hit props, but... what if it means being hit? you can't be hit while wm is used, at least in classic combat? another skill that has this lock in "use" is blaze, which works just like wm's old invincibility afaik. assault slash has this lock during use as well, which makes sense, to not being able to hit you while you're jumping.

Edited by exec