Weddings / Marriages

Vie

Okay so I'm wanting to work on the wedding / marriage system, and have not found anything for it as of yet..
I hope I'm not starting something that has already been discussed or stepping on any toes, I swear I looked before posting! Anyway..

I have a couple ideas for this.. but to be perfectly honest, with how everything is setup so far, I'm not entirely sure how I should get started on this..
But really I just need the packet info for this, if anyone is willing to do that, I have enough knowledge about C#, database management, etc... to do something with it.

I'll need packets for the entire process. Talk to the NPC and tell them you want to get married, pay them the gold, use of an invitation (optional, though appreciated),
the transitions, starting of the wedding (cut scene, etc), the creation of the rings, and of course the end cutscene.

I looked through the Aura files and noticed no one has done anything in this direction as of yet...
and I know it's down low on the priorities list, but it's something I really want, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.. lol

Sorry if I come off newbish or something,
I've been lurking on this forum for a long time and figured it was time to contribute!

Edited by Vie
tags, more info

7 hours ago, Vie said:

I know it's down low on the priorities list

Not at all, it's something I want to see as well, especially since I believe users might not only like to have it, but also to customize it^^ It being G3 content nobody worked on it yet though, we don't have a lot of active users with enough coding experience for something like it.

You'll definitely need packet logs to get it just right, but all in all it should be pretty straight forward. It's more or less just a cutscene and some variables after all iirc.

And you'll find some of it already in Void's packet logs.

So I'm just curious... is there currently any way for us to call for an input box?
and if so... how? I've tried several different things, and it's not seeming to work.

any help on this would be appreciated, because I'm not having any luck lol.
I've made good progress, but this is just confusing me. 

I figured it out! Nevermind!

Edited by Vie
Sorry for double post. >-<

There was over a day between your posts, so there's really nothing wrong with a double post. Nobody would've noticed an edit after that time.

How did you solve your problem? Off the top of my head I can't think of a solution aside from starting an NPC dialog. There's an inquiry function, to ask the player to confirm something, but I don't remember an out of dialog input packet. (Would be cool to have though.)

27 minutes ago, exec said:

How did you solve your problem?  Off the top of my head I can't think of a solution aside from starting an NPC dialog.

Well I did actually use an NPC dialog to initiate the input box.

When you speak to the Wedding Usher and tell him you want to get married, it asks for you to
input th
e name of the person you want to marry, so I used the following:

<inputbox caption='Enter the name of the person you would like to get engaged to' max_len='16' allow_cancel='true'/>

It took me a bit to figure out exactly how it needed to be called, but finally got the cancel button to work, along with limiting the amount of characters allowed in the input box.
The problem I'm having now is trying to figure out how to receive the user input to continue with putting in on the ring, and title.

Edited by Vie

35 minutes ago, exec said:

Check the bank's coupon code handling, which uses inputs. That might be insightful.

Thank you very much for that.
It was indeed insightful.. in fact, it made me laugh at my self a little.

You've definitely helped push this along. 

I've got most of the base functionality done.
I still need to work out sending packets to the second player.. that still confuses me on how it needs to be called and such
but I go back into work today, so I'll have to wait until Wednesday to pick it back up and finish it. 

Just wanted to give an update and let ya' know I'm still alive. Haha.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...