I would love to play this game again

Adori

But I fear investing time into the game when I may fall out of it for the same reason I fell out of official.

i remained through G1, through the introduction of the two other races and the iria update, through the change of premium service and nao revive crystals, through the introduction of shadow missions and Tailteann and Tara. But when the Shakespeare stuff got added I was lost.

i all but stopped logging in, as a player and fan of Mabinogi, I was lost to the change of direction and storyline.

is there anyone who can speak on the development of the current server, what is the plan as far as generation updates, will it include everything that the official server had upto the closing of the server?

if so that is fine, I still have fun looking at old screens and remembering a time where this was the only game I could think about.

Id rather leave it as a fond memory than open it up to be minimized further.

No offense to those who liked the new content, I quit playing official servers way back in like 2010 or 11. So I'm sure I have missed a lot of content. But the core of the game was ruined to me once it got so expansive and deviating from the original lore.

Not to sound like I'm complaining because there's always that guy who comes in bitching about everything lol and that's not me at all. I just know I won't wanna play any of the new content. But that's just me

Either way it goes the whole aura project is amazing, had it not been for me seeing an old mabi friend of mine (Yoorah) posting about this place on YouTube I would have never known about it, and I feel it's a great thing for the mabi players who wanted more than the NA servers allowed them to have.

Edited by Adori

Just like you, I don't care much for any of the new content, and Mabi really went off the rails for me starting with G16 at the very latest. That doesn't mean that there aren't some intriguing features in those updates, but the whole feel of the game changed way too much. Many here feel like that, and I assume that's what got many of us here in the first place, the premise of going back to pre dynamic combat, pre power creep, pre reforges, pre raids, pre Shakespeare, you name it.

That being said, from the start one of our main goals with Aura has been to emulate Mabinogi, and that is what we're gonna do. Generation for generation, season for season, we're gonna implement the official content, because that's what emulation is, but I see it more like implementing the building blocks for us to introduce custom content. Us not liking the official Shadow Missions for example shouldn't mean that we won't implement them at all, but that we do implement them, and then everybody can try to improve upon them.

The beauty of Aura is that we can all customize the gameplay to our liking. If someone doesn't like G13+, well, just don't enable G13+. If you want G20, but with the old combat, enable everything up to G20, except for the new combat. You want a world without giants end elves? Just disable G4~8, act like Iria was never discovered. That's the other main goal of Aura, 100% customizability, in the simplest way possible.

I can't tell you what users are gonna do with Aura in the future, but I can guarantee you there will be people who think like you, people who will introduce custom content, rather than update to generation X, people who will modify content we may have not liked on officials, in a way that makes it bearable, or even good, and people who will pick apart the new content, enabling only the good features.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, exec said:

Just like you, I don't care much for any of the new content, and Mabi really went off the rails for me starting with G16 at the very latest. That doesn't mean that there aren't some intriguing features in those updates, but the whole feel of the game changed way too much. Many here feel like that, and I assume that's what got many of us here in the first place, the premise of going back to pre dynamic combat, pre power creep, pre reforges, pre raids, pre Shakespeare, you name it.

That being said, from the start one of our main goals with Aura has been to emulate Mabinogi, and that is what we're gonna do. Generation for generation, season for season, we're gonna implement the official content, because that's what emulation is, but I see it more like implementing the building blocks for us to introduce custom content. Us not liking the official Shadow Missions for example shouldn't mean that we won't implement them at all, but that we do implement them, and then everybody can try to improve upon them.

The beauty of Aura is that we can all customize the gameplay to our liking. If someone doesn't like G13+, well, just don't enable G13+. If you want G20, but with the old combat, enable everything up to G20, except for the new combat. You want a world without giants end elves? Just disable G4~8, act like Iria was never discovered. That's the other main goal of Aura, 100% customizability, in the simplest way possible.

I can't tell you what users are gonna do with Aura in the future, but I can guarantee you there will be people who think like you, people who will introduce custom content, rather than update to generation X, people who will modify content we may have not liked on officials, in a way that makes it bearable, or even good, and people who will pick apart the new content, enabling only the good features.

Thank you for the thorough response 

I'm really looking forward to see where this goes lol I want to play so bad now haha

The sad thing is in my mind I just didn't want to have to redo weaving twice just to quit or have my characters deletes lmao but thank you I appreciate your reply

9 hours ago, Rashataan Vuul said:

I'll make a steam so I can hit you up lol