Is mabinogi dying????

RisingGale

I'd say it is. Everyone is getting bored of it. They're not adding enough new content to keep old players occupied. The majority of recent updates includes recycled events and sales, nothing truly new.

Additionally, they've made it easier to level up, which makes the game boring a lot quicker.

I do think that it's dying. Old players get bored or frustrated with the (lack of) changes, and after 10 years you just don't get as many new players anymore, especially with the lack of technical updates. It's just a matter of time until they decide it's not worth it anymore, but how long that will take, nobody can say.

I can't help but find the thought of officials closing interesting though, as it would put Aura into a very curious position^^

3 hours ago, exec said:

I do think that it's dying. Old players get bored or frustrated with the (lack of) changes, and after 10 years you just don't get as many new players anymore, especially with the lack of technical updates. It's just a matter of time until they decide it's not worth it anymore, but how long that will take, nobody can say.

I can't help but find the thought of officials closing interesting though, as it would put Aura into a very curious position^^

as long as you stay open source it could open up opportunities definitely the ESEMU and the RUSTY Revolution projects though (if Rusty Revolution is real) are closed source and while its cool and all to have an emulator it my opinion will actually be their downfall. I think Open Source brings competition and competition means growth ESEMU will undoubtedly be swallowed by irrelevance as long as KOG still lives and people are dumb enough to feed them and keep elsword alive. Rusty Revolution I am quite unsure what will happen to them I hardly heard of them up until recently and to top it off Idk if they are even real or use an emulator and if they don't use an emulator they will die due to lack of content.  

1 hour ago, exec said:

I agree, open-source is most definitely better. Unless you want to make money off of it I don't even see why you would keep the source of a server emulator to yourself.

even if you wanna make money its still better to keep it open source competition is more beneficial to games then companies will admit, it attracts alot of attention and helps build a fanbase i can see why devcat,kog,or any mmo company would be mad at people for making money off of their work however they would be doing alot better if they worked with private servers let them exist as long as they.

1. get updates 3 months later then the local official server

2. give 20% of their earnings to the local official server 

by doing this it would be a win win for everyone 

Edited by RisingGale

On 4/4/2016 at 0:57 AM, RisingGale said:

even if you wanna make money its still better to keep it open source competition is more beneficial to games then companies will admit, it attracts alot of attention and helps build a fanbase i can see why devcat,kog,or any mmo company would be mad at people for making money off of their work however they would be doing alot better if they worked with private servers let them exist as long as they.

1. get updates 3 months later then the local official server

2. give 20% of their earnings to the local official server 

by doing this it would be a win win for everyone 

Hahah not going to happen in a lifetime, with most developers they are just to greedy for money. Plus it is also published by Nexon and you should already know about how they're like.

Also having open source might be better but keeping it closed lets the player base not split which is what they want.

But since the official Mabinogi NA is going away slowly Aura might start to get more noticed.