PSO2 open source?

RisingGale

2 hours ago, exec said:

We aren't, otherwise it would in under our GitHub organization^^ As to what it is, it appears to be a server emulator for PSO2, just like Aura is a server emulator for Mabinogi.

so you might help them when not busy (I am not associated I have no money or coding experience)? cuz it sucks that Sega has been an absolute dick with shoving sonic down our throats lately and keeping the good IPs to Japan only even if they know the demand is extremely high and there is profit to be made in the west.....

Edited by RisingGale

1 hour ago, RisingGale said:

so you might help them when not busy?

I've never played PSO and I have more than enough on my plate as is, I probably won't help some random server emulator project^^

1 hour ago, RisingGale said:

even if they know the demand is extremely high and there is profit to be made

Companies usually aren't "being dicks" on purpose. If they don't bring something over here it's not to disgruntle you, but simply because they don't believe there is profit to be made, or not enough to justify the effort and the costs. They want to make money, if they believed there was money to be made, they'd be all over it.

2 minutes ago, exec said:

I've never played PSO and I have more than enough on my plate as is, I probably won't help some random server emulator project^^

Companies usually aren't "being dicks" on purpose. If they don't bring something over here it's not to disgruntle you, but simply because they don't believe there is profit to be made, or not enough to justify the effort and the costs. They want to make money, if they believed there was money to be made, they'd be all over it.

1.Heh its cool thanks anyways

2.they already admitted that they know there is money bro and they admitted there is demand I am telling you Sega is the most racist company I have ever seen lol look it up all they publish themselves is sonic and honestly the sonic fanbase is shrinking each year youd think they would use this as an opportunity to take a break from rehashing sonic every damn year or 2.

6 hours ago, RisingGale said:

so you might help them when not busy (I am not associated I have no money or coding experience)? cuz it sucks that Sega has been an absolute dick with shoving sonic down our throats lately and keeping the good IPs to Japan only even if they know the demand is extremely high and there is profit to be made in the west.....

can't you just use the PSO2 Tweaker and connect using proxy? my ip is blocked by japan and i can still play the game just as well with it

Edited by xeroplz

2 minutes ago, xeroplz said:

can't you just use the PSO2 Tweaker and connect using proxy? my ip is blocked by japan and i can still play the game just as well with it

thats illegal and if caught you'd get banned or worse (the worse that could happen is like 1 out out 10,000 chances of happening)

10 minutes ago, RisingGale said:

thats illegal and if caught you'd get banned or worse (the worse that could happen is like 1 out out 10,000 chances of happening)

private servers are illegal as well, so there's not really any difference in evils here

18 hours ago, RisingGale said:

As far as I'm aware, the most they can actually do, is ban you. Last I checked, using a vpn or a proxy itself isn't illegal.
Good thing I don't even need that for the game though, but yeah, been playing for the last 2 years using the tweaker. If they wanted to ban you they'd do it.

Don't worry much bout it, nearly a fourth of their player base is outside of japan, doubt they'll want to lose that many users ;)