Unused Fomor Scrolls

exec

While adding the fomor scroll hunting quests, I've noticed a few unused fomor scrolls, which give us options for custom content, either by implementing the quests they were intended for, and their monsters, or by replacing them for custom ones. Namely, the unused ones are:

• 71014: Gray Dire Wolf Fomor Scroll
  • 71020: Giant Spider Fomor Scroll
  • 71024: White Fox Fomor Scroll
  • 71027: Black Bear Fomor Scroll
  • 71033: Giant Rat Fomor Scroll
  • 71036: Golem Fomor Scroll
  • 71046: Black City Rat Fomor Scroll
  • 71048: Boar Fomor Scroll
  • 71053: Giant Worm Fomor Scroll
  • 71054: Gargoyle Fomor Scroll
  • 71071: Dungeon Rat Fomor Scroll

Some are monsters I didn't know yet, and 2 are bosses, which I find really intriguing. I also wonder why they didn't add Giant Worm and Gargoyles. Especially Gargoyles are monsters you encounter very frequently in early generations after all.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Oh god! I hope this doesn't count as necro'ing a post xD
Honestly I'd vote for implementing the missing quests, as I assume those would be the easiest to deal with?

As for the boss scrolls, I'd say, custom content :3 I mean I doubt anyone would farm boss monsters for them scrolls, specially taking into account the meager rewards you'd usually get (which was more than enough back in G1 actually, but power/economy creep took over).

2 hours ago, YaibaToKen said:

which was more than enough back in G1 actually, but power/economy creep took over

Keep in mind that we basically are on G1^^

2 hours ago, YaibaToKen said:

implementing the missing quests

Some of those monsters don't even spawn anywhere though, so they would have to be added as well^^ Like White Foxes and Gray Dire Wolves. I agree though, we should add those missing quests and monsters, as optional custom content, that's kinda official.

15 hours ago, exec said:

Keep in mind that we basically are on G1^^

Some of those monsters don't even spawn anywhere though, so they would have to be added as well^^ Like White Foxes and Gray Dire Wolves. I agree though, we should add those missing quests and monsters, as optional custom content, that's kinda official.

True, and I noticed how everything was so much simpler back then :)

I'd say add the spawners as custom content, along with said quests and have them only be loaded if the server has that feature enabled ;) that way it's simply using official content that was already implemented. And if the spawners and quests follow the current used form then editing them to the server's need is easily achieved. Heck I doubled most of the spawns for some of the rarer mobs, like some of the bears xD because mob hunting shouldn't be that annoying.

##OFF TOPIC##
On a different note, and I know it's completely unrelated, but I kinda wanted to know, is there an up to date list of the currently implemented skills? If not, anywhere I could post a list made by me?
##OFF TOPIC##

1 hour ago, YaibaToKen said:

OFF TOPIC

There's not really a list, I guess the easiest way to see which skills currently work would be to check the skill handlers: https://github.com/aura-project/aura/tree/master/src/ChannelServer/Skills

A list telling people what skills there are could fit in various places. The wiki, the guide section, general discussion, I'm not sure where a user would be most likely to check.

25 minutes ago, exec said:

There's not really a list, I guess the easiest way to see which skills currently work would be to check the skill handlers: https://github.com/aura-project/aura/tree/master/src/ChannelServer/Skills

A list telling people what skills there are could fit in various places. The wiki, the guide section, general discussion, I'm not sure where a user would be most likely to check.

Thanks for the github link, that actually solved it for me :) Good point, personally, I'd probably check the wiki first when looking for something like this. Perhaps a simple entry with the link you posted?