Mabinogi Title Screen

xeroplz

I just had a thought...

Anyone who has used Abyss should know that the changeable Title Screen option was broken at one point in time. Today, I logged into Mabi and saw that the Samhain 1st Movement title screen was still up, but later today it was changed to 2nd Movement without any patching needed. This makes me think that somewhere, the client was updated and now is receiving information on what title screen to use through some server, and maybe this can be taken advantage of. I don't really know where to go from here but it's just a thought.

44 minutes ago, Cryptic said:

It could be server sided. I always use Morrighan to start mabi, so it couldn't have been done through the normal patcher.

I just started the client exe for aura.

New title screen. Didn't even use patcher or anything.
So server sided? Sounds wierd. Its prolly just a line in a xml?

Oh~ nice, so this is finally configurable. Check "db/layout2/login/loginscene.xml". It specifies which images should be used during certain times, in certain regions.

StartTime="201512221200"
EndTime="201601201159"
Background="login_image_samhain2.dds"

1 hour ago, exec said:

Oh~ nice, so this is finally configurable. Check "db/layout2/login/loginscene.xml". It specifies which images should be used during certain times, in certain regions.

StartTime="201512221200"
EndTime="201601201159"
Background="login_image_samhain2.dds"

Oh wow lol, 2015-12-21, 12:00, ending 2016-01-20-11:59... I wonder what specifies the music then. I'm going to check that out.

17 hours ago, exec said:

Looking at that file, I guess those are gone for good.

Actually.... No they're not. If anyone has the Korean version of the game, during their 10th anniversary which was only last year, they had a special 3D login screen for the event. If we can find the login screen information for that version of the game, we could possibly find out how to get previous 3D versions back.

ref: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dZ4Ybybm4o

Edited by Petch
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Petch said:

Actually.... No they're not. If anyone has the Korean version of the game, during their 10th anniversary which was only last year, they had a special 3D login screen for the event.

What I meant was that we probably won't seem them again, except maybe on special occasions, now that they actually went to the trouble of creating an XML, specifically to manage the login screen.