Deadly mobs

exec

I remember that after some update, monsters were suddenly able to go into deadly. I'm very sure that prior to that, there was no chance for that to happen, if a monster reached 0 Life, that was it, but after the update they would start to unexpectedly jump back up.

While I am very sure about this... can someone confirm it? And do you remember when exactly this was changed? It happened while I was still actively playing EU, so it must have been pre-G14. It's hard to tell though, as EU got G4~G10 in one go =<

I remember that was very annoying, but I am sure that a mob going into deadly state will be knocked back once more, so it is possible to knock a mob away (or down), then knock it back once more when it hits deadly. Also, if dual wielding, you can knock a mob into deadly with your first strike, then instantly finish it with the second strike in mid air. I think it was like that at least... I suddenly feel a little bit uncertain about this is right or not.

Edited by Pegwald

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, snowie said:

it was pre-G9 at least

Maybe G4/5, with the addition of new races, skills, dual-wielding, etc, they thought they should make the fights more fair again, by giving monsters the ability to go deadly. And it would still be early, close to G2, which Rashataan mentioned.

I found a post on GameFAQs from 2010, by someone asking how to deal with deadly mobs. That post was 2 days before the G9 update on NA. A note on Karu dungeon about deadly monsters was added to the Wiki in September 2009, which apparently was before the G8 update.

I think it's safe to say that deadly mobs were added between G4 and G7. Since I couldn't find an earlier mentioning of it yet... maybe it was actually G7, that seems to be the time where people started talking about it.

• 1 month later...

This might be irrelevant, but a rock thrown may knock down an enemy when the health bar doesn't show (or seems to me that it doesn't show) remains.

This might be unrelated, but i think i have been able to survive yet an extra hit after being in deadly status. I may be recalling that wrongly though.