About

exec

Melia is a server emulator for the MMORPG Tree of Savior (commonly referred to as the spiritual successor to Ragnarok Online).

Development began in August 2015 as a side-project, and while we have made some decent progress, the emulator is still very young. Some of the basic features currently working are: Character creation, moving and warping, inventory and equipment, and NPCs. We also have working test code for basic combat.

Melia uses C# for its core, MySQL for the database, and Lua for its scripts.

Our current plan is to not release Melia before the actual game is available to the general public (this means international release, or at least open beta). While this plan might change in the future, it probably won't, as it wouldn't feel right to us, to release an emulator before the game. Afterwards it will be available as open-source, just like our Mabinogi server emulator, Aura.

For the time being, you may subscribe to me on YouTube, where I upload videos about new features that get implemented from time to time. Should you have questions about the future of Melia, feel free to ask them in this sub-forum.

FAQ

Where can I download the client?

For legal reasons we're unable to share the client here. If you weren't in the international closed beta, I'm afraid you will have to wait until the game is released, or find a different source.

Preview

56 minutes ago, Cryptic said:

Scripts are in Lua? gasp!

Yaha! I finally got to use Lua, since there was nobody advocating for C#! xD I wanted to use Lua for ages. Sneak peek? :)

Spoiler

----- Melia Script ----------------------------------------------------------
-- Stylist
----- Description -----------------------------------------------------------
-- Allows changing the player's hair style.
----- Notes -----------------------------------------------------------------
-- There are no separate style and color settings, every hair style exists
-- X times, with different colors. While the NPC could split them, it would
-- only work while the client sticks to a strict "X styles Y colors" system.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

addnpc(57223, "Stylist", "c_Klaipe", -66, 79, -547, 135, "stylist")

function stylist()
	local pc = getpc()
	local min, max = 1, 50
	local style = pc.hair

function setStyle(val)
		style = val
		loopStyle()
	end

function modStyle(mod)
		style = style + mod
		loopStyle()
	end

function loopStyle()
		if style > max then
			style = min
		elseif style < min then
			style = max
		end
	end

local selection = select("What can I do for you today?", "Change Hair", "Nothing")
	if selection == 2 then
		msg("Please come back any time.")
		return
	end

msg("Good decision, one should treat himself once in a while.")

while true do
		changehair(style)
		selection = select("This is style " .. style .. ", what do you think?", "Next", "Prev", "Jump", "I like it")

if selection == 1 then
			modStyle(1)
		elseif selection == 2 then
			modStyle(-1)
		elseif selection == 3 then
			setStyle(numinput("Which style would you like to see?", min, max))
		elseif selection == 4 then
			msg("Yes, this style does suit you well. Please come back any time.")
			return
		end
	end
end

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, lehaxe said:

you have new information about this melia emulator?

I actually haven't worked on it these past few weeks, because I was pretty busy with Aura, our main project here. The release plans haven't changed, I'll make it open-source shortly after iTOS opens.

On 14.02.2016 at 10:10 PM, exec said:

I actually haven't worked on it these past few weeks, because I was pretty busy with Aura, our main project here. The release plans haven't changed, I'll make it open-source shortly after iTOS opens.

thank you very much, I'm really looking forward to

• 4 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Kono said:

International server is getting the plans remain the same? 

Brazilian community is very interested in Melia.

Yes, the plans are still the same. Though I might speed them up a little bit. Originally I wanted to wait until the game is available to everybody, but I don't like the idea of waiting another 3 months.

• Like 1

My interest in melia has grown after the release of the ToS prices, $ 50 in Brazil is currently a lot of money for 3 months of beta , I'm not sure their plans for the project more we could create a Brazilian community melia in the future , communities the Ragnarok Online emulators are very popular here ... sorry if my english sound strange in Brazil language school is a luxury item

Edited by Kono

On 16.3.2016 at 11:21 AM, Kono said:

sorry if my english sound strange

As long as it's clear what you're saying there's no problem^^

I can see how the recent announcement might've piqued your interest. It will be interesting to see where they're going now, though I'm starting to lose confidence in them.

• Like 1

On 01/12/2015 at 5:27 PM, exec said:

Melia is a server emulator for the MMORPG Tree of Savior (commonly referred to as the spiritual successor to Ragnarok Online).

Development began in August 2015 as a side-project, and while we have made some decent progress, the emulator is still very young. Some of the basic features currently working are: Character creation, moving and warping, inventory and equipment, and NPCs. We also have working test code for basic combat.

Melia uses C# for its core, MySQL for the database, and Lua for its scripts.

Our current plan is to not release Melia before the actual game is available to the general public (this means international release, or at least open beta). While this plan might change in the future, it probably won't, as it wouldn't feel right to us, to release an emulator before the game. Afterwards it will be available as open-source, just like our Mabinogi server emulator, Aura.

For the time being, you may subscribe to me on YouTube, where I upload videos about new features that get implemented from time to time. Should you have questions about the future of Melia, feel free to ask them in this sub-forum.

FAQ

Where can I download the client?

For legal reasons we're unable to share the client here. If you weren't in the international closed beta, I'm afraid you will have to wait until the game is released, or find a different source.

Hello, I'm also Brazilian.

About MMC not think it's greed. Other games like Albion did the same thing with a value of US $ 99.95.

I think this is a trend.

Lets go to what matters.

I am looking forward to its release. I tested the emulator R1Emu, however, is too outdated and compilations of bugs.

The kono cited the popularity of Ragnarok servers in Brazil. Even today, we have a very active community in forums like brAthena and Cronus Emulator and Hercules - Português

We are awaiting the release of Melia and his response

On 16.3.2016 at 5:27 PM, marclfv said:

About MMC not think it's greed. Other games like Albion did the same thing with a value of US $ 99.95.

I think the situation here is a little different though. The game is basically ready for release, it had multiple closed betas in multiple regions already, there's simply no reason for them to do another payed, closed beta, except for wanting to rake in money. Founder's packs are always a way to make money of course, but usually you buy them to get access to the closed alpha/beta. In TOS's case the closed beta is done, but they announced another one for no reason, after announcing an open beta first. At least that's how I see it.

Another point might be the value of what you get. In many founder's packs you find exclusive things that you can't really get any other viable way. You want in now, and you want the special features/items/titles/pets/whatever, so you pay up. Maybe $50, maybe $100, maybe even more, but in TOS you get nothing special. It's 2 headgears (dunno if those are even exclusive?) and the value of your buy-in in their cash currency. Like they said themselves, it's a headstart, nothing else. You're paying in advance what you might spend on the game later on. Even that is done better by other companies though, as they usually don't only have 1 pack, but multiple ones. Like Albion, which does not only have the $100 one, but also one for $30.

I think this is a trend.

It definitely is, for better or worse. I don't mind buying into a closed beta, but not into an "open" one, if you know what I mean =|

I am looking forward to its release. I tested the emulator R1Emu, however, is too outdated and compilations of bugs.

We are awaiting the release of Melia and his response

Keep in mind though, while Melia is a little more advanced than R1, it's not complete yet either. You will be able to set up a server, login, and do things upon release of the code, but not much more than what I have demonstrated in my videos so far. It will be on all of us to change that =)

28 minutes ago, exec said:

I think the situation here is a little different though. The game is basically ready for release, it had multiple closed betas in multiple regions already, there's simply no reason for them to do another payed, closed beta, expect for wanting to rake in money. Founder's packs are always a way to make money of course, but usually you buy them to get access to the closed alpha/beta. In TOS's case the closed beta is done, but they announced another one for no reason, after announcing an open beta first. At least that's how I see it.

Like I said ... I think this is a trend. Only applied the wrong way

34 minutes ago, exec said:

Another point might be the value of what you get. In many founder's packs you find exclusive things that you can't really get any other viable way. You want in now, and you want the special features/items/titles/pets/whatever, so you pay up. Maybe $50, maybe $100, maybe even more, but in TOS you get nothing special. It's 2 headgears (dunno if those are even exclusive?) and the value of your buy-in in their cash currency. Like they said themselves, it's a headstart, nothing else. You're paying in advance what you might spend on the game later on. Even that is done better by other companies though, as they usually don't have 1 pack, but multiple ones. Like Albion, which does not only have the $100 one, but also one for $30.

Agree with you. The itens are ridiculous.

37 minutes ago, exec said:

Keep in mind though, while Melia is a little more advanced than R1, it's not complete yet either. You will be able to set up a server, login, and do things upon release of the code, but not much more than what I have demonstrated in my videos so far. It will be on all of us to change that =)

I understand that he is not yet ready and that will fall on us. I am here not only by the emulator, but to help as I can.

I am available to help

Sorry about the delay in response, my boss was in the room. ;happy;

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, lehaxe said:

oh, i waiting )

Not only you :D Seeing how limited the iOBT is (no 1:1 trade, seriously?) I think there are thousands of people wanting the game to be more open and player-friendly.

Keep up the good work, exec!