Enchant and Reforge effects

exec

Enchants are apparently saved as structs inside the item data, similar to ItemInfo and ItemOptionInfo, and by the looks of it, every enchant effect might actually be its own struct.

565d8999b52aa_ss(2015-12-01at12.50.39).p

mabinogi_2015_12_01_001.jpg.15f4c79f0ae2

You can clearly see the values as a short, at the end of the first line, and the short before that is probably the stat. I wondered where the increased repair fee is for a moment, but then I remembered that the fee is based on the item's price, so the enchant most likely simply increased the price.

Reforges seem to work the same way, with one struct inside this list for every effect. From what I can tell they start with 07, instead of 01, so the first int (?) is probably the type.

Unfortunately I don't have a clue what the other values mean, which is why we need more data. Much more. We need logs of many different enchants, with different stats, different values, and different effects. For example, I have no clue where it would store the "Level >= X" checks.

If you want to help out, get your enchanted items, drop one, pick it back up, log the packet with the op ItemNew, and post it here, or send it to me via PM, with a note, of which enchants the item has, so I can compare the information. Posting here would be better though. Don't worry about the data, if you exclude or mask the packet id and the first long in ItemNew, there shouldn't be anything that could lead back to you.

• Like 1

"keep em coming^^ I haven't tried if the client reads the effects from the packet yet, if it doesn't I'll need a wide variety of enchants, to map all the different stats, checks, etc =/"

well then again...

some only have upgrades tho...

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-22.jpg

Untitled-23.jpg

Untitled-24.jpg

Untitled-25.jpg

Untitled-26.jpg

Untitled-27.jpg

Untitled-28.jpg

OK last batch

Untitled-6.jpg

Untitled-62.jpg

Untitled-63.jpg

Untitled-64.jpg

Untitled-65.jpg

Edited by Sairii
  • Like 2

I've found 2 upgrade types, that assumingly have never been used officially, or at least I've never seen them.

565f13dd1d755_ss(2015-12-02at04.19.03).j565f13dddae17_ss(2015-12-02at04.22.13).j

The description seems obvious, even though the effects seem unusual. The first one apparently sets the stat to a fix value, while the second one changes the stat to a percentage of its current value. Rather interesting, and it offers us an opportunity to add custom content not available officially, that is supported by the client ^_^

I'm done mapping the upgrade stats, and I figured out a good portion of the upgrade struct. I think I have everything I need for normal stat upgrades, but I need more examples of skill effects. If you have items with enchants that affect any skills or transformations, please post them. (I don't need checks like "If Fireball > r5 STR + 10" anymore.)

An example of a CP enchant would be nice as well =< Those seem to work different from the normal stats.

Figured out the stat bonuses for skills. The value after the skill id (bytes 3+4 on the second line) is not a fixed value like the stats, e.g. 1 = damage, 2 = crit, etc, but defines a specific variable for any specific skill. For example, in my screen above I have Mind of Connous, with a bonus for Max MP. The value is "1", but a lot of values for a lot of skills are 1, and they're all different, depending on the skill. Instead, they correspond to the skill's variables.

// Mind of Connous
// Var1: [Transforming] Max MP
// Var2: [Transforming] INT
{ id: 43012, name: "Mind of Connous", masterTitle: 0, type: 10, ranks: [

1 equals Var1, 2 equals Var2, etc. And as you can see, the localization information I use for the comments in our db, come from the same place the client gets the bonus name for the description from.

Now that that's out of the way, I'm almost ready to go I think o.o There are still unknown bytes, but this should be enough for the majority of the enchants. If you have more enchants though, feel free to post them, more data certainly can't hurt. And I still need information about CP enchants.

I'm in the process of creating the enchant db, but I need some more data =/ If you have an enchant on an item that does one of the following things, please post a log of them.

Alchemy (AddBonusOnAlchemy)

An enchant that affects a specific kind of alchemy damage. For example, rD enchant Spark: +5 Fire Alchemy Damage if Flame Burst Rank C+

Effect instead of Stat? (SetSetItemEffectOnEquip)

I'm not sure what exactly this does, but it seems like it usually doesn't affect an actual stat, but has a general effect on what you do. For example:

- rE Poison Archer: +1 Poison Resistance if Ranged Attack Rank E+
- rB Fixed: +1 MP Cost Reduction
- r5 Marquis: +2~4 Fast Attack

Piercing (SetItemOption)

Any enchant that has Piercing. For example, r9 Piercing: +2 Piercing if Lance Counter is Rank 3+

Elements (SetStatusOnEquip)

Item enchanted with an element, Poison, Lightning, Fire, or Ice.

6 hours ago, exec said:

I'm not sure what exactly this does, but it seems like it usually doesn't affect an actual stat, but has a general effect on what you do. For example:

Isnt that the like charge enhancement when you equipt an avon shield type stuff?

25 minutes ago, Fuhhue said:

Isnt that the like charge enhancement when you equipt an avon shield type stuff?

OH! Right, I totally forgot about those, now the name of the "function" (SetSetItemEffectOnEquip) makes sense. I was already wondering earlier, if there are enchant sets that I don't know anything about or something^^ I still need a log of such an enchant, but now I at least know what it is, thanks.

9 hours ago, exec said:

I'm in the process of creating the enchant db, but I need some more data =/ If you have an enchant on an item that does one of the following things, please post a log of them.

Alchemy (AddBonusOnAlchemy)

An enchant that affects a specific kind of alchemy damage. For example, rD enchant Spark: +5 Fire Alchemy Damage if Flame Burst Rank C+

Piercing (SetItemOption)

Any enchant that has Piercing. For example, r9 Piercing: +2 Piercing if Lance Counter is Rank 3+

Elements (SetStatusOnEquip)

Item enchanted with an element, Poison, Lightning, Fire, or Ice.

AddBonusOnAlchemy:
AlchemyBonus.thumb.png.e5f7ef49773baf8cf

SetSetItemEffectOnEquip and Element:
SetEffect.thumb.png.e92c2a811a71953e935d

SetItemOption:
Piecring.thumb.png.3300587c43ae24d2e30e1
Missing at the end is:
019 [..............00] Byte   : 0
020 [..............00] Byte   : 0

CP:
CP.thumb.png.aa8298dfbdb41b72a1a2d4efb05

• Like 1

On 2.12.2015, 17:05:58, exec said:

An example of a CP enchant would be nice as well =< Those seem to work different from the normal stats.

Actually, they don't. Thanks, Blade. Apparently I named one of the stats "LooksABitStrong", when I switched off my brain and spawned what felt like a thousand daggers, with various settings, to figure out the stat names. Should've been obvious to me what that was =P"

I still don't know where set bonuses go though... I can see the skill enhancements in the meta data, but I don't see the stat set bonuses.

Edit: Just realized that was a Broad Brimmed Feather Hat, of course I can't find the set effect, it's on the item itself =< I still need an enchant~

7 hours ago, exec said:

OH! Right, I totally forgot about those, now the name of the "function" (SetSetItemEffectOnEquip) makes sense. I was already wondering earlier, if there are enchant sets that I don't know anything about or something^^ I still need a log of such an enchant, but now I at least know what it is, thanks.

i have the charge one somewhere, ill post it

Edit: here it is

charge_enhancement.txt

Edited by Fuhhue
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, exec said:

Actually, they don't. Thanks, Blade. Apparently I named one of the stats "LooksABitStrong", when I switched off my brain and spawned what felt like a thousand daggers, with various settings, to figure out the stat names. Should've been obvious to me what that was =P"

I still don't know where set bonuses go though... I can see the skill enhancements in the meta data, but I don't see the stat set bonuses.

Edit: Just realized that was a Broad Brimmed Feather Hat, of course I can't find the set effect, it's on the item itself =< I still need an enchant~

Isn't that what Mana Magician does?
+1 Decreased MP Consumption if Magic Mastery Rank C+

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fuhhue said:

i have the charge one somewhere, ill post it

Edit: here it is

charge_enhancement.txt

Thanks, but what I need is the ItemNew packet. To get it, you have to remove the item from your inventory and then get it back, by dropping and picking it back up for example, or by getting it back from a pet inv or the bank.

3 hours ago, Blade3575 said:

Isn't that what Mana Magician does?
+1 Decreased MP Consumption if Magic Mastery Rank C+

I guess it does... but I expected something different =/ Petch's logs have the same though, so I guess that is how it works. I don't get it, they have X different calls, for different kinds of bonuses, but in the struct it's almost all the same.

I guess effect-wise I should have everything I need now... thanks everyone =)

Wait... I'm almost certain that +1 decreased MP Consumption only works if you have 10 points of it. It's a set effect, but it's applied by enchants. Look at Attack Speed boost on my Gun Log, if you don't have 10+ points, there's no effect. Since my blunt master wasn't over 6, I only got 8 points and it wouldn't activate unless I wore another piece of gear I had that gave me another 2 Attack Speed points.

My friend has a gear set with Decreased MP Consumption adding up to 10 and it gets applied at that point. However, the upgrade form of that, the 4% consumption decrease on my Hermits Staff, is applied immediately. 

I guess we need to be careful about set effects inside of enchants, not just on the item itself. Also you should look at the Karis Set if you want more info on the mp consumption decrease

Edit: Also if nobody said this already, are set effects stackable? Like 10 points of something = 10% and 20 points = 20% of whatever boost?

Edited by Petch

15 minutes ago, Petch said:

Also if nobody said this already, are set effects stackable? Like 10 points of something = 10% and 20 points = 20% of whatever boost?

I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't expect it.

15 minutes ago, Petch said:

I'm almost certain that +1 decreased MP Consumption only works if you have 10 points of it. It's a set effect, but it's applied by enchants.

Yea, I think that's how it's supposed to work. I guess it's all just added up, no matter where it comes from, and then, if it's greater than 10, it takes effect.

Awesome news: The enchant scrolls take upgrade effects, just like the actual equipment. This means we can give effects to scrolls, and make those the effect of the scroll, we can create custom enchants, without client modifications ^_^

• Like 2

• 7 months later...